The firm’s employment lawyers bring skill and experience to help both employers and employees in both unionized and non-unionized working environments to solve problems.
In the non-unionized sector, we advise and represent employees and employers on a broad range of employment law issues, including:
- Reviewing, preparing and negotiating employment contracts;
- Advising employees in respect to workplace harassment;
- Providing strategic advice with respect to restructuring or other workplace changes;
- Reviewing and negotiating settlement agreements on termination;
- Litigating wrongful dismissal and constructive dismissal claims
- Providing strategic advice relating to employment standards legislation
In the unionized labour environment, we provide employers a full range of services including representation before the BC Labour Relations Board in various proceedings including certifications, unfair labour practices and related employer applications.
We also provide representation in grievance arbitration and assist employers with collective bargaining negotiations and drafting collective agreements.
We also represent and provide strategic advice to employers in context of picketing, strikes or lockouts.
In the Human Rights area, we provide employers and employees strategic advice in Human Rights matters and represent our clients in settlement mediations and hearings before the Human Rights Tribunal.
We also assist employers with strategic advice including reviewing and drafting employment contracts and employer policies that promote equality and human rights in the work place and compliance with human rights legislation.