Dan Parlow’s clients include investors, brokerage houses, financial institutions, entrepreneurs, estates, trusts, beneficiaries, realtors, lawyers, accountants, brokers, investment advisors, and telecom, oil and gas, and high-tech businesses. He has helped resolve claims by creditors and disputed investments, claims over business assets, shareholder and partnership interests and commercial property, disputed wills, trusts and related claims.
Dan serves a leadership role on the boards of Operation Eyesight Universal – Canada and the Arthritis Research Centre of Canada. These highly efficient non-governmental organizations improve countless lives annually.
An entrepreneur himself, in 2004, Dan co-founded a Vancouver-based e-commerce business at mytripjournal.com, in which he developed successful business relationships with companies in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Dan also serves a leadership role in the profession. This includes serving on the Executive of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, lecturing on commercial litigation and writing for various industry publications.
Born and raised in Ontario, Dan speaks five languages and sings four-part a cappella harmony with the Vancouver Thunderbird Chorus.
- Chair, Board of Directors, Operation Eyesight Universal (Canada)
- Vice-Chair, Board of Directors, Arthritis Research Centre of Canada
- Board of Directors, Operation Eyesight Universal (India)
- Executive, Trial Lawyers Association of BC
- Board of Advisors, badsciencewatch.ca
- Board of Advisors, Vancouver Learning Centre
- Martindale Peer Review Rating BV Distinguished
- Co-editor, BusinessLawBlog.ca
- French, Spanish and Italian
- British Columbia, 1991
- Alberta, 1986
- “Ending Commercial Tenancies”
- “Joint Retainers – Planning For Potential Conflicts”
- “New Rule Change on Document Discovery will Affect Litigants’ Rights and Counsel’s Ethical Responsibility”
- “Empowering Canadian Corporations to Limit Personal Liability of Directors”
- “Uncertainties Inherent in Synthetic CDOs / Credit Default Swaps”
- “Executor Conflict of Interest and the Administrator Pendente Lite”
- “Demand Futility in Derivative Action Cases”
- “Wills Variation and the Blended Family: Who Wins, Who Loses?”
- “Wills Variation Claims Involving Independent Adult Children”
- “The Prospects of a Successful Claim Against Auditors in Fraud”
- Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
- Undergraduate Studies, Université de Montréal and University of Western Ontario