Carol Kerfoot has more than 35 years of experience in commercial legal practice. Carol has extensive experience in a broad range of business and real estate transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures, business start-ups and noninstitutional financing. She frequently acts for vendors in the divestiture of their family businesses. Her representation extends to matters relating to shareholder disputes and corporate governance.
Before joining Kornfeld LLP, Carol was a senior corporate commercial partner of a major transactional firm and a member of the firm’s management committee. Carol’s understanding of financial information helps her to deliver strategic, results-focused, legal expertise to clients across a variety of sectors.
Born in New Westminster, British Columbia, Carol is the mother of three grown children.
- Executive Committee Member, International Alliance of Law Firms
- Martindale Peer Review Rating BV Distinguished
- Director and governance chair, B.C. Assessment Authority
- Director and board chair, Museum of Vancouver
- Trustee, Vancouver Police Foundation
- Director and governance chair, Vancouver Airport Authority
- Director, Port Metro Vancouver
- British Columbia, 1976
- Faculty of Law, University of British Columbia, LLB
- Undergraduate studies at the University of British Columbia